Key Cutting

Hi. I have a broken door key with serial number for my 110 along with the metal disc that has the serial number for the ignition key, I visited my main dealer who had to order the correct blank, now they inform me that they require a spare key to copy from!!!! Is there anywhere online that will supply me with a spare key from the serial number I have on the key & disc? I'm based in the UK. Many thanks in advance.

Reply to
Big G

On or around Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:39:00 +0100, "Big G" enlightened us thusly:

you'll be lucky. I assume you've not got the original key, albeit broken?

if you have, a decent locksmith will be able to cut it.

had no result at all in trying to get keys cut from key numbers or the number on the little ally disc for mine.

In the end I made me own, by getting one of the locks apart and acquiring a suitable blank or three to play with.

you can, of course, replace the locks...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

All I have is the part of the key with the serial number on not the bit that goes into the barrel, looks like it will be new locks!!.

Big G

Reply to
Big G

On or around Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:48:10 +0100, "Big G" enlightened us thusly:

If you're resigned to new locks anyway, you can have a crack at getting one apart to make yer own key.

which sort of locks/handles are they, and which one do you need the key for?

on my 110, which was lift-up handles, the door locks on the front doors are not the same as the back door and bonnet key. That was missing on mine, as yours, broken. The bonnet lock came apart relatively easily, and having gotten a couple of blank keys, I was able to make a key for it and the back door.

I've not actually tried getting the door locks apart.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I have found the part number (MTC6505) for a 4 barrel set & a company up here in North Scotland that supply them for £14.53 according to their web site, if interested the web address is:

Big G

Reply to
Big G

"Big G" wrote in news:cd5erf$i0b$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk:

Nice people....with some very reasonably priced Land Rovers on their "For Sale" board. And, when taking Paddocks' carriage charges into account, often a lot cheaper.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue