series petrol tank dimensions needed

I was wondering if anyone has got the dimensions for a fuel tank on a 2a. mine is weeping a little so i thought i would make a nice strong stainless one, but i dont want to take the old one out till i am ready to make the change as it needs to be driveable. Failing that has anyone got an old tank that they don't want in the Bedfordshire/Buckinghamshire area that i could collect.

Thanks Dave B

1963 Series 2a Trialer 1991 Toy Landcruiser
Reply to
Splitpin

Dave,

if you can make it round to Kent I have one - just needs a suitable donation to charity

We're breaking a 1965 IIa at the mo, gearbox has gone, have everything else (inc v5 and chassis!)

Si

Reply to
Grnoval

A tad to far i'm afraid. Thanks anyway

"Grnoval" wrote >> I was wondering if anyone has got the dimensions for a fuel tank on a 2a.

Reply to
Splitpin

So probably the Yorkshire coast near Whitby is even 'too further'!?

I've just ordered a new Series 1 tank to replace the military one that I'd squeezed in back in the days when you couldn't get new tanks. It ALMOST fits in, but the slope of the front means it has to sit a couple of inches lower. Probably OK in a Ser 2/2a/3, but I don't know.

Once the new one is safely delivered and installed, I intend to fettle the old one up (still perfectly servicable, but needs cleaning and painting) and offer it for sale. Post a reply here if you're interested.

GRAEME ALDOUS, Yorkshire

Reply to
Teeafit