Series steering damper

My mate wants to fit a steering damper to his series 2a SWB, his chassis does not have a bracket fitted to it but has 4 holes where the bracket would be. There are two plates that hang down from the chassis about 1/2 an inch, one on each side of the main rail. Looking in the parts book there seems to be two bolt on brackets that can be fitted NRC4656 for a 109 V8 and 552388 for a 109 1 Ton. Does anyone know which one will fit? Looks like NRC4656 is the one but I'm not sure.

Regards

Liam

Reply to
Liam

Not the definitive answer, but I think you want the v8 one for prefernece, as the 1-ton had a different damper bracket on the chassis, it was slightly lower to accomodate the longer spring shackles.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Just been looking on Craddocks web site for the parts: Drag Link with damper bracket NRC4609 £23.38 Damper STC786 £12.45 Chassis Bracket NRC4656 £12.68

Total £48.51

OR they sell a Kit Steering damper kit all L.R. 1958-84 NRC1133 £128.00

Have I missed something, what else do you get in the kit for the extra £79.49?

Liam

Reply to
Liam

I'd imagine you get two track rod ends with it, some nuts and bolts and a set of instructions. The damper and drag link are probably genuine parts, not pattern or something silly, otherwise this just seems rediculous as there isn't anything else you need with a kit.

I'd ring and ask.

Alex

Reply to
Alex