Aren't they long .. ;-)

Hi All,

Funny how things happen ..

I met a mate on Saturday and was telling him about our 4x4 due on the Sunday and our daughters interest in Land Rovers. He then mentioned he had bought a 109 diesel that he wastidying up and a diesel lightweight, waiting in the wings ..

I popped round there today and my mate has taken advantage of his parents being on holiday for a couple of weeks to take the 109 to bits and drag the chassis into the garage (on his own)! Isn't it long!

He has already removed and rewelded various 'repairs', fitted a new rear crossmember and one of the front outriggers. He has bought some new door tops and window runners, lower sections (foot wells?) for the lower bulkhead etc etc.

Seeing most of the chassis in red oxide reminds me of when we built the kit car .. ..

One question from him for the gurus on this list .. are there any accurate ways of re-locating various brackets / outriggers onto a bare chassis (without offering the tub up etc)?

Anyone have any measurements please?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

On or around Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:41:40 GMT, T i m enlightened us thusly:

HBoL for series motors has chassis drawings, with quite a lot of the dimensions.

bear in mind that the 109" is not only long but about as manoeuvrable as an oil tanker. 110s are slightly better thanks to the wider axles, you can get more steering angle on the front wheels.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Sri Austin .. wasn't sure what HBoL what and I think Google answered it for me. Like with my BMW R100RT, I have three workshop manuals and you can gernerally get the truth from one of them!

It did look long .. ..

110s are slightly better thanks to the wider axles,

It did look narrow (I felt that from the chassis and seeing the two axles on the ground ..).

you can get

That makes sense ... the things you learn here ... good innit! ;-)

Ok, so anyone know about Merrerschmitt KR200's or Enfield 5000 electric cars ... ?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yes, you measure where they were before you cut the old ones off.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Ah, so that would have been the responsibility of the PO then .. ;-)

One of the front (replacement) outriggers came off with a good clump with a 2lb hammer (good welding huh). Needlesstosay, they are going on properly now .. he's just not sure where!

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m