series3 on the slant

Has anyone got any ideas on why my series3 should list down on the drivers side?

it has always been down since i bought it. when there is no driver ,it is down about 1.5 inches

I have put new parabolics on and new shocks but it still leans over

Reply to
Splitpin

The weight distribution isn't even, with the driver's side being heavier, plus the weight of the driver.

I don't recall the exact details, but the correct springs are handed, stiffer on the heavy side. And people fitting new springs sometimes get it wrong, putting the weaker spring on the heavy side.

The other possibility is that one of the spring mounting points is wrong. If the chassis has been repaired, it could be a fraction of an inch too long. If it hasn't been repaired, trouble is looming.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Mine does that, only when I get in it, though...

Mine does that, only when I get in it, though...

You'll probably find it's the front outrigger. I had mine replaced, prior to this it was around 1.5 inches lower. Putting the parabolics on will show any other weaknesses - best get a second opinion.

Weldin the outriggers on is a skilled job - well, to get them on right, that is.

Reply to
Mother

Can't be that skilled as I managed to get mine on straight :) (well it doesnt lean anyhow)

I suppose a worn chassis bush could cause it to lean too?

Mine has para bollics on and the only time ive ever seen them noticably lean to one side was when i had 4 people in the back and 2 ~6 foot tree trunks sticking out of the end

Reply to
Tom Woods

Theres no telling really as when I consider what I have done to mine, there is pretty uneven loading, I would have said the springs but if they are new bollix I would have thought it would take sommat heavy to list em.

Reply to
Larry

Thats no way to talk about your lady friends!

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:44:47 +0000 (GMT), snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.demon.co.uk ("David G. Bell") enlightened us thusly:

I never understood that, the engine and gearbox are offset to the left (passenger side in UK).

Reply to
Austin Shackles