slightly OT, but what nutters.....off road in Russia

A bit OTT, even for my tastes, but watch what happens to the vehicle about 1m20s in.

Dave

Reply to
edeowner

er, link?? ;o)

Reply to
Graham G

just testing............

there you go

Reply to
edeowner

They are never right!!

What made me laught was the widow wipers going! What a muppet!

Reply to
Graham G

SWMBO said exactly the same thing! Now I know why I don't have a snorkel on the 88" - does not give you a sense of invulnerability

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme

On or around 15 Feb 2006 13:16:05 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com enlightened us thusly:

heh. I see they got it out again, as well, which is quite impressive.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around 15 Feb 2006 13:03:53 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com enlightened us thusly:

I think I spotted a range rover at one point. no sign of sod-off 6x6 trucks, though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

...and Austin Shackles spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Yes, but would you want it second-hand, even for a few roubles?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

And impressing our American cousins.....

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

On or around Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:02:05 -0000, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

I thought it looked as though they got it running again. Presumably the bloke driving had the nouse to switch off before the snorkel-top went under water.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

...and Austin Shackles spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

I was more worried about the guy in the RH seat - he was underwater a LONG time.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

...and TonyB spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

I Am The Walrus (coo-coo-ca-joob)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Love the way the tailgate flies open when they go down the descent. The one on fathers does that if you don't slam it shut :-)

Reply to
Graham G

If you watch carefully you can see that he didn't just sit there gurgling in his seat, he was crawling across the cabin keeping his head above water, I'll bet he started thwacking the driver once he found he couldn't go any further until the driver gave up!

A friend has had a drowned disco fire back into life after hydraulic lock BTW, there was a thud and the engine locked and wouldn't turn for love nor money, he took the injectors out and shot all the water out, then once he'd disconnected the intercooler from the engine air intake he started the engine and it worked! He revved it up to eject the water from the intercooler but unfortunately the water shot out, into the air intake pipe and hydraulic locked it again... He got lucky again and as far as I'm aware the same engine is still in the disco.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings