re- diesel ford focus

Hi, having probs starting my V reg ford focus, i`ve changed glow plugs, i`ve got power to the glow plugs when its cold, but when its warm i`ve got no power to the glow plugs. can you help? But if i leave it about 12 hrs it will start up normal.

Reply to
ellconn

Ahem, read the title of the newsgroup you're posting to!

This has been a public service announcement for the mentally retarded.

Reply to
malc

Ok so i got it wrong, do you have to be so rude???? And dont call yourself mentally retarded even though i think you are.....

Reply to
ellconn via CarKB.com

Dont matter what car it is i will try and help..Check your relay.i think your find the glow plugs dont have power after the engine has started.or if they do it is only for a very short time.

Reply to
Chrs

Ok thanks, I have swapped the relays around & it still dont seem to do it, there`s just no power to the glow plugs when engines been running for a few minutes. Do you know any other websites that could help us??? thanks again mate.

Reply to
ellconn via CarKB.com

I think that is normal.relay cuts out after engine has started. so there will be no power at glow plugs.this will help. The plugs are eletrically-operated before and during start-up when engine is cold.Electrical feed to the glow plugs is controlled by a relay/timer unit.the glow plugs provide a "post-heating" function whereby the glow plugs remain switched on for a period after the engine has started,Once the starter has been switched off, the glow plugs begin a 3-minute "post-heating" cycle.the operation of the plugs cannot be cancelled for the first 15 seconds,

Reply to
Chrs

Ooh that hurt. Hang on... my brother's bigger than your brother. Is that a grown up enough response?

Reply to
malc