Some poor sucker...

...is going to be very disappointed if they buy this tax-exempt "vehicle".

I've sent the guy a question asking how it all works, bearing in mind the points system for keeping a vehicle's identity and tax status. I'll post his reply if I get one.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

It's the same as a lot of the tax exempt vehicles sold on Ebay - a way of breaking the law. Most of the old rusting nails will not be restored - just the number plates (and identity) swapped to a newer vehicle.

Not such a bad idea really.

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

Until you get caught!!!

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon

And if anyone got caught, it would be me!

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

Lock on steering column , double sided key. steve the grease

Reply to
R L Driver

I just did a search for other items for sale by this seller. I wondered if he might also have had surplus donut holes for sale.

Reply to
Graeme Willox

What's to "get caught" for, the points system says that chassis etc etc can be replaced by "new parts of original design" . So , if you build a landrover out of all new parts you can in theory (according to THEIR rules) use a log book like this on it

Reply to
Smurf

My recollection is that the chassis is sufficient points that you cannot replace it with the chassis from another vehicle without changine vehicle identity, but the rules allow that replacement by new. You could still lose the original identity because of other changes.

Some people have taken two vehicles, made a hybrid, had to register is as the newer vehicle. and then transferred the number from the other. Which is how a legal coil-sprung V8 Series I could be built -- as far as DVLA are concerned, it's a Range Rover.

Reply to
David G. Bell