Spray or roller

No, not underarm deodorant, but painting my 90.

I have access to a compressor paint gun, but some friends say you can get a reasonably good finish using a radiator roller, plus this comes with the bonus of not having to mask up yourself or the landy.

What is the general consensus regarding results? Does quality of paint matter (going for deep bronze green)?

Any advice (techniques, products etc) will be greatly received.

TIA, Angus

Reply to
Fentoozler

In message , Fentoozler writes

Steve Hull's your man but I hit my Range Rover with cheap agricultural paint that went off too quick with a gloss roller or two, in the middle of winter, outside. After 2 years I thinking of doing it again with tekaloid paint and flowrite as an additive to get a really good finish ... again rollered. Total cost about £50 ... no overspray, gallons of thinners, bloom, respirators and little masking up or cleaning up afterwards ... but does take time especially around the fiddly bits ...

Reply to
AJG

See 'Finally! - Morph gets painted' thread below, and look at his Photos of Percy...impressive! Wolverine Big Red 110CSW

Reply to
Wolverine

Quality of paint does matter but the preparation is the most important part.

See below;

Reply to
Stephen Hull