steering box

Hi im Phil, I have had read somewhere that a 2 litre Montego steering box fits a landi and that they are a geared s-box next best thing to power steering. Can anybody tell me if this is true and if so does anbody know where i might find one?? Rotting in someones garden is my best bet i think.

Reply to
Bernie

Hi im Phil, I have had read somewhere that a 2 litre Montego steering box fits a landi and that they are a geared s-box next best thing to power steering. Can anybody tell me if this is true and if so does anbody know where i might find one?? Rotting in someones garden is my best bet i think.

Reply to
Bernie

Hello Bernie,

The montego uses a steering rack ,(not a box ,) sometimes with power assistance.

I am unsure if the rack would fit a landy but I suppose anything's possible.

It would mean not using the drag link and replacing the track rod with the steering rack.

Seems like a lot of trouble to go to?

Good luck

Martin

Reply to