Steering Guard and Diff Guards.

Fitted on Friday ... Two Diff guards and a Steering guard.

All from ebay, Diff guard fitted front and rear. Steering guard, dunno who makes it but it's a fully welded construction and as heavy as a heavy thing and bolted straight on ... although the chassis anti-crush tubes fitted by Landrover needed some persuasion to let the M12 bolts through .. they were so far out of alignment it was untrue. Well pleased with it, so much sturdier than three different three-piece guards we've previously looked at and at £55 an absolute bargain.

So, along with the bumper, we now have a sturdier front end than the (broken) standard setup, and which might stand up to the knocks we've been giving it lately. The diff guards just add a bit more peace of mind for when we're wading, for instance, and can't see what we're hitting .. ;)

Next up we want a removable tow hitch and diesel tank guard ... we bust one tow bar already and badly dented the tank with the support strut, so want the rear end a bit cleaner ... but still need a towbar for everyday use.

Then stiffer springs, and ultimately longer shocks, cardon shafts etc etc ... it's an 'on-going- project' to make the Disco a lot more reliable (ref. to bits getting broken) and capable off-road.

Reply to
Paul - xxx