Stocking fillers for under £30

Well that time is looming upon us again, So whats on your wish list this year for the under £30 price bracket...(cos it's easy to say a £1500 winch)

I'm fingers crossed for the paint for Percy or Morph from Paddocks as used on Jay-lo to good effect.

Whats on your wish list ??

Reply to
Lee_D

I want a volt metre for the inside of my Rangie.

So that i can tell that the battery is flat with out getting cold or wet.......

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Hmmmm....

A basque....but not for me :)

Neil

Neil Brownlee

Would look a bit odd on a Landrover ;-) Dave

Reply to
Foxhunter

It's not easy to say that if you live here...

I'm old fashioned and like the idea of books...

Together with those I've mentioned elsewhere, it may be worth remembering that Tom Sheppards excellent Vehicle Dependent Expedition Guide is now in reprint - with a durable soft cover.

Other smashing stocking fillers for 30 quid must include a years membership of the 101 club - the 30 quid INCLUDES the joining fee, back issues of our Mag, a keyring and Windscreen sticker! Imagine her face on Christmas morning... ;-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Yes, I can imagine it vividly.

Personally I'm down for that book Martyn recommended, plus RoSPA/IAM membership for the Advanced test, plus membership of the Range Rover Register. I'm trying to limit Xmas presents this year to things I actually want, and ask people to give the money to charity rather than scramble round trying to get me something I don't really need.

David French

I'd like something to keep me cool. Some ear defenders (LR content!) to drown out the noise of the 300TDi I'll be driving, a map of where I'll be and erm.....possibly some bug repellant :)

Neil

P.S. Can't wait - my first ever Christmas in a foreign country - and a hot one at that - AND in a Land Rover ... Joy!!!

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Where are you going?

Reply to
Nikki

It depends on who "she" is. If for instance you are lucky enough to have a common interest in Land Rovers etc, then it would be very disappointing if you didn't get a 101 to go with the membership.

-- Nikki

1990 Discovery V8i 1985 Range Rover V8 1975 88" Series 3, 2.25 petrol
Reply to
Nikki

South Africa :)

Taking SWMBO, Leith (5) and R'Vanneth (7). They should enjoy it!

Neil

Neil Brownlee

Reminds me of an idea I had recently:-

The local WHSmith has a number of gift subscription packs for sale for things like popular magazines and days out etc........

Would it not be an idea for the same principle to be applied to LRC's? Obviously the mainstream ones like the DOC etc (there aren't that many 101's around unfortunately)? It would help to attract the whatever percentage of the population it is that don't know of the existence of such organizations!

Reply to
Llandrovers

|| ||| A basque....but not for me :) ||| ||| || Would look a bit odd on a Landrover ;-) ||

Plus you woudn't understand a word he said...

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Wouldn't be my first choice, but everyone I know who has ever been, liked it. Hope you have a nice time. At least it will be warm.

Reply to
Nikki

Bit difficult to get the stockings on I should imagine.;-)

Reply to
Nikki

On or around Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:05:42 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

heated mirror glasses for the 110.

but in reality, a copy of the film version of "The Wall" has been mentioned in the right places...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I have expensive tastes so £30 might not be enough! ;-)

Reply to
Nikki

£30 will get me 3/5 (or 0.6 if you've gone metric!) of a tank of diesel to go and see the girlfriend - that'll do me!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

Actually, I don't have expensive tastes - just can't think of anything I really want. There are loads of things I'd like if they were given to me though. As for Bruce, if you gave him an Axminster Power Tools catologue and told to choose himself something for £30, he'd spend all day not being able to decide!

Reply to
Nikki

I was discussing the merits of which Landie to paint first with Mrs D last night and she was quite insistant that I paint Percy first.... I got a bit sus and question why Percy.. She went on to say "So I can drive him".....

Thats another coffee stain on the carpet ;-)

Me thinks Mrs D's becoming a tad affectionate to "Percy the pigg'in pickup" and all signs of that rejection back in 1999 seem to have deminished away. :-)

Any one got any good suggestions for hiding places for Keys?

Lee D

--

- Landrover projects site

Reply to
Lee_D

In article , Neil Brownlee writes

In the late 1980s I once flew home from Bangladesh on Christmas day, on a Biman flight. It was almost empty. They were going to take a DC10-30 but opted for a 707 once they realised how few people would actually be travelling. It was basically me, two other passengers and a relief crew. We slept stretched out across empty rows - you could choose.

The funny bit was booking the coach to Kathmandu (to fly down to Dhaka). The subject of Christmas came up, and the chap in the coach office insisted that it was Dec 24th. Got his wife to come out from the back office to confirm it.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig