Stop solenoid

I have a dodgy stop solenoid on my D90, in other words it's stuck open all the time, and never cuts the fuel off. This happened before, so I simply took it to bits & cleaned it, and this did cure it . . . for a while. Obviously something is causing the solenoid to stick, but i've tried most things, incl. fuel cleaner. But to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas how I can cure this anoying problem.

many thanks

jon

Reply to
Jon

When you say cleaned it, was it full of swarf? If it was, then it is highly likely that the injector pump is in the process of commiting suicide.

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

Is there a bad connection, such as a poor earth to the coil in the solenoid? JD

Reply to
JD