strange whirring noise

On a yr2000 Discovery TD5, I start the car in the morning, When releasing the clutch, I hear a whirring noise accompanied by a slight but noticable vibration in the gear lever. It is not constant maybe whirring for a few seconds then stopping. It continues to do this for a few minutes then stops completely. The colder it is the worse it is. Warmer days, and the noise is much less and on hot days is absent. Our weather conditions are, winter average from 0C up and summer average from 16c up, both being the coldest parts of the day. Could it be the wrong oil in the transfer case? Has anybody else had this experience? Comments would be gratefully received.

--Steve W

Reply to
QuickDraw Steve

It's either the clutch release bearing or spigot bush. I have this on mine.

Mark

Reply to
mm