Strange noise

I've just noticed a strange noise when I turn the iginition on in my

2000 TD5 Discovery. The noise appears to be coming from behind the instrument cowl and sounds like a fan.

The noise occurs everytime I turn the ignition, when the engine is cold or hot and when the airconditioning/heating is turned on or off. Anybody any ideas what the source of the noise could be?

Regards

Terry

Reply to
nemo2

Brake pump? Open bonnet and listen after turning on the ignition.

Reply to
Dougal

It wasn't the brake pump, but when checking I discovered that there's a fan next to the headlamp level switch. Anybody know what the fan is for?

Regards

Terry

Reply to
nemo2