SVO at Makro

Following on many earlier threads, I was at the Bristol Makros last night. Their cheapest SVO was =A314.99 for 20L and zero VAT. I got 120L which at a 50/50 mix through the winter will do me for 4 fill ups. I'll move to a higher concentration:

(a) When I get the heater fitted; or (b) When I get the valve and dual tank system working; or (c) When it gets warmer!

I don't think that is much cheaper than you can get at Tescos/ Sainsburys et al, but coming out of Tesco's with a 120L of SVO on a trolley may cause a few eyebrows to be raised (assuming they will let you purchase that amount).

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Local Tescp to us has it at 52p litre, Sainsburys at 56p litre. I get

20l from each, wait a bit then send t'missus in for another 20l ... they often have to re-stock the shelves ... ;)
Reply to
Paul - xxx

staff members get 10% off on top of that if you know anybody who works there! Makes it 5ppl cheaper or so.

Mines back on pretty much straight derv now as it is just too hard to start on a veggie mix and totally fills both mine and next doors garden with stinky smoke!

Reply to
Tom Woods

You should hand around the rear end of Simon I for a while. Made us shut the vent flaps on the 110 on a nice warm day. ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I could smell it 4 cars back!

Reply to
Nige

My exhaust leaks too, and youre almost crying after being in there for 5 minutes!

It smelt nice when i was running 50/50, but it just mings horribly now its on about 20/80! SVO/derv

Reply to
Tom Woods

Am I reading that right? Computer says no.

Is it the case it's just filled the exhaust and it's minging accordingly?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

It does sound odd but the smell of SVO even at 100% concentration is far easier on the nose than DERV, but you don't notice that until you've used the SVO then gone back to DERV, at which point you suddenly notice how bad the truck smells on dino fuel. Whether it smells more or not is another matter, but it certainly smells dirtier on DERV.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I concur the smell of a blend is nicer than neat dino. Derek

Reply to
Derek