hmmm not sure what you lot reckon?

thinking of selling my HID set up and use the cash on these

would also whack another HID set up into them but being a different type ofbulbs in the quad set up the kit is cheaper than my current H4 kit.

not sure on the quad kit? shit or nice people?

Reply to
Vamp

err didn't i post those aaaaaaaages ago?

Reply to
fishman

well yes but i can't remember what people thought as it was ages ago, and you never had the idea of whacking HID's in them :)

Reply to
Vamp

Don't do it mate. Be proud of your full height popup. Don't go quad unless you can have them popup full height.

Leave the nobby low rise and riser replacment pods for the MX5 numpties. They are all hairdressers wouldn't know a good full height raise if slipped up their Gaultier Kilts.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

their Gaultier

i'd like a flush kit F40 style to be honest but there all custom jobbys the ones i've seen, i like the low ris but wish it was a halheight similar to the NSX rather than quad. i kinda like the sleepy eye drifter thing :)

i could do with some new lenses to show the HID's a bit better mind.

Reply to
Vamp

These are Hella 90mm unit's, only the dip is a projector type with a non functional reflective ring round the lens to make it the same size as the main. The main is a low profile reflector with plain lens and uses the full aperture. About £45-£50 each inc vat. The HID version with correct E marking for HID are a lot dearer but come with the HID. £150 for the fitting kit is not too bad (it's about what I'd want), especially for what has to be done to make pop ups low lift. The motor drives the crank arm in a full circle so the crank has to be reduced and the link rod too. It would be easy if it only went part way to a limit switch and reversed back down, just move the limit switches.

I wanted both dip and main to be smaller projector lens. Looked at Ford Puma or Cougar units but prices of them are stupid. MG-TF was about £120 a side. No one seems to have S/H ones. If they are OK they get put back on the repaired car but they just sling the whole thing when a couple of mounts have broken off or for a cracked outer cover. I've just got two sets of E marked 65mm projectors off a bike, £40 each and now it's time to start hacking sheet metal to locate them in the pop ups, I've a spare set of pop up shells. I don't expect to have them up and fitted before next Easter as I'm going to fit electric levelers from a Mazda 626. So I've got to sus the leverage ratio for that as well as reduce the throw of the main motor crank and rod length. On SXOC the Hella's are called SeXy eyes, I think my 65mm will either be SeXier eyes or just plain evil eyes. Going to have a slight issue with the headlamp wash, as it could easily become a bonnet or long range screen wash. Looking at small FIAT usless ones or low profile twin jet ones.

Reply to
Peter Hill

I quite like em, cos i've never been a big fan of pop-up lights, so making them smaller is good to me :)

Reply to
DanTXD