Tata buys Land Rover

Don't get one too hot or you'll be saying "tata" to your arse tomorrow!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Tue, 25 Mar 2008 18:26:00 -0000, "Rich B" enlightened us thusly:

I reckon Tata may be good for LR. They're obviously looking to expand and that means more markets, more products. Ford were never likely to replace the utility side of the LR operation, they already have their own trucks; I reckon had Ford kept it they'd have used legalisation as a reason to kill the basic LR and not bothered to replace it, just sell us all F150s instead.

Although they did re-engine the 90/110, it has to be said, and from what I hear the duratorq is pretty good if you get a good one. I've also heard that if you get a bad one, it's BAD.

Reply to
Austin Shackles