Tata to landrover, or rather 'tother way around?

Yike! Looks like earlier rumours are getting louder..

"The chairman of India's Tata Group has confirmed that he is interested in acquiring Jaguar and Land Rover from their parent, Ford.

Speaking to Indian TV, Ratan Tata lifted his previous refusal to speculate on a possible Tata bid for the legendary British brands. "

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Good. Maybe Landies will become as reliable as Tata's then.

Although I've heard they don't have a good reputation, one of our local farmers has one called Po that he has abused for years and it seems fine.

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

There'll be no more complains about customer service call centres being in India then, will there?

Reply to
SteveG

Just amazes me how the Chinese, & Indian speculators have amassed so much money over the last few years.

Reply to
tomtom

Easy really when you don't have to bother with such inconveniences as health and safety, EU legislation, and minimum wages!!!!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

And high import duties and deliberate government policies of stopping outside manufacturers setting up and encouraging effective monopolies within their own country.

On the other hand I spend a lot of time in India and I'd be delighted to be able to get hold of a Defender there, as would anyone who has used either a Gypsy or a Mahindra...

Reply to
William Black

Or a tiny home market who thinks that "made in Britain" is something to be avoided..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Can't really blame the buyers tho' come the revolution the bloody accountants who 'cut costs' by throwing quality out to save pennies on components and the managers who let them should be first against the wall .

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Sometimes managers do not get the chance. The bean counter sneaks into the General Manger's office and says we can save £500,000 by deleting the following items and they say fine lets do it. The when all hell breaks loose the bean counter says see the Project Manager he's in charge. All accountants and purchasing staff should be shipped off to a remote island like Spitzbergen

Robbie >

Reply to
Roberts

No way its inhabited can't upset folks with good heavy rock bands , how about Ailsa Craig full of rats and bird shit should make them feel at home or maybe Gruinard Island now that would be the place the other stuff plus fun extras (wiki it).

Derek

Reply to
Derek

te:

Apparently for every one accountant in Japan there are ten in Germany, and one hundred in the UK. I don't believe in coincidences.

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds