Td5 hard to start

My Discovery Td5 ES (31,000 Miles) Will not start straight the way I have to turn ignition on wait for fuel pump to build pressure then it starts O K changed fuel filter but it made no deferent's

Reply to
phil

Try purging the fuel system by turning the ignition on and pushing the throttle pedal down 5 or 6 times until the engine managment light starts flashing.

Alternatively, the fuel pump might be faulty (a known problem). With the ignition on, try and listen around the fuel tank area for a high-pitching whirring/buzzing (hard to describe the sound). If you can't hear anything, the pump might be faulty, but you should notice this as the car won't go over about 25 mph and will keep coughing.

Just two ideas, there are no doubt more from other people!

Martin

--

1988 90 Td5 NAS Replica
Martin Lewis