The "new" Mini

Try picking them out of the tyre tread :-))

Especially with the dumb blond looking on.

Reply to
Hirsty's

You've not trodden on one getting out of Grumble again......not that I'm saying....

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Dunno,but I had a Cooper S for 6 months, the worst car in the world. Very hard on petrol, very hard suspension, very shit reliability. Pile of shit made in the old Leyland factory.

Tell us more.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

I had a 1275 gt engined Mini Pickup... went like hot snot... stopping however was a little less sporty.

Did 10000 miles in 3 months in it when I passed my test... and never left Staffordshire. Only let me down once, the battery lead melted to the exhaust whist crossing a flyover... engine died.. I looked in the rear view and it was like I was flying a red arrow. Disconnected the battery. Yanked the lead off the exhaust once Dad and I worked out what it was.. trundled off.

Worst job was the points.. it had the all metal none removeable commerical grill.

Sold it to a milk man who liked a lie in.... Ernie.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

LOL, mine was a Mini made by BMW! don't get me wrong, it was fast as a bastard, having said that, it cost £18k, I just bought a Subaru brand new that does 0-60 in 5.7 seconds for the same price. The Subaru is so much better built than the Mini it's unreal. the Mini spent 27 days in the dock in 5 months for SERIOUS faults they could not sort. Also, the local BMW dealers are utter wankers.

All this chit-chat about Mini's makes me remember though, one of my first 'sexual' experiences was in a (real) Mini & I'm 6' 3" & 17 stone!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Doesn't that make virtually every experience in a Mini a sexual one...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Virtually, yeah! Even changing gear made me harder than fingering Mandy behind the bike sheds.....................

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Excellent for driving around Coventry's sewers though if you find the Ring Road a bit hard going :)

Reply to
Larry

It really is a twee pile of septic dog shit. It does drive nice (but not that nice) look nice (from the front) but it has no character at all. it's very unreliable, very cramped in the rear (fronts ace for space though) & the only good thing about it would be the nice smiley wave you get from every fit blond on the road that drives one. Driving a Subaru gets you the same waves, but from drug dealers & gangsters! I liked the blond bit better!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Oi!! That's my missus... And she never lets me!

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

It's a long way to go in first gear!!!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

The Lightweight seems to work OK.

Sure, the last blonde was in her fifties, but she still looks in good shape. And there's room in the back for her wheelchair.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Erm... they're not 'waving', as such...

Reply to
Mother

Now now!

Reply to
Nige

If you have a genuine grievance and complaint about a BMW dealer then write to BMW UK and complain, they take it rather seriously. Their dealers are expected to be extremely professional and of the highest standard and they don't condone anything less, we get a phone call after almost every service to check on the dealer.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

bastard, having said that, it

the same price. The

days in the dock in 5

are utter wankers.

BMW UK and complain,

professional and of the

after almost every service

I did report them. Waste of time.

Reply to
Nige

And out of the wheel arches, get a couple of them jammed up there, and you're there ages trying to pry them out.. Little devils

Reply to
Me