bonding Ally to Ally.

I intend to chop some small holes in Alfies rear ring where the corrosion has commenced. Bond a plate of ally to the back and then skim fill the hole.

Whats the best stuff to bond the ally to the wing with?

It's specifically the rear wing at the moment that I'm concentrating on once the rear wheel arch has been replaced that is.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

How about one of these?:

Looks like an interesting toy! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

3M's double sided fabrication tape should work - it's all they use to hold the aluminium bodywork onto modern buses.

Otherwise the urethane sealant used for fitting windscreens gets a bloody good grab if you clean the surfaces first (used by Ford for factory fit body kits).

Reply to
EMB

Lumiweld and similar aluminium soldering products work pretty well in my experience, but although the melting point is less than that of the panels it's not that much less, so there's a significant risk of large areas of the panel falling off if you're a bit cack handed with the heat.

For dealing with small holes I'd get the metal as clean as possible front and back, then araldite aluminium foil to the back before filling the front.

Nick

Reply to
Nicknelsonleeds

polyurethane sealant sold in tubes like silicone bath sealant comes in . ie sikaflex as sold by motor factors like morrelli

Reply to
M0bcg