Turbo woes.

On the subject of turbos, how do you tell if your turbo is working? and please dont say 'you'll know if it's working' cos i haven't the fogiest if its giving me power or just sitting there.

Cheers

Stuart

Reply to
HobGobSnakyWaky

Can you hear a high pitched whistling noise cut in when you accelerate with the windows open? That's a start.

David.

Reply to
David French

Can say I do. could just be my ears though, they aren't the best.

Stu

Reply to
HobGobSnakyWaky

On or around Fri, 24 Oct 2003 20:09:03 +0100, "HobGobSnakyWaky" enlightened us thusly:

's true though. You should get a distinct "surge" effect on a TDi somewhere around 2000 rpm.

alternatively, fit a boost gauge and check it (or get someone else to) - 's not that hard.

Reply to
Austin Shackles