Tyres agaim

Well, as I really want to go greenlaning sometime soon (before JSP and co get it outlawed at any rate) I really decided I needed a new set of rubber for Skippy. It's got a mismatched set with a couple of nonames, a couple of Goodyear GT4+4s and something wierd on the spare, none with less than 10k miles in wear between them.

So I spent this morning on the phone to every tyre place within 30 miles of me and discovered a few strange things.

235/70R16s tend to be cheaper than the 205R16s that are standard fit.

KwikFit haven't got a clue.

Some places see you coming (£180 per tyre from one place - for Pirelli Scorpions that everybody else was quoting me £75-80 on)

Stapletons Tyre Services in Aylesbury will supply and fit Tracker remoulds for £36.50 each.

RCP Tyres in Milton Common are going to supply and fit new budget tyres for £159 for four - £39.75 fitted.

And yes, these prices are inclusive of VAT - for 205R16s

P.

Seriously considering heading up to Cannock Chase in February.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Have you tried 'e-tyres'? They were cheaper for me and they come to your house or work!

I was very chuffed with the cost and the service.

Reply to
Cyberwraith