UJs

I need to replace the front (and while I'm at it, rear) UJs on my 1989 DT

  1. However, I'm lead to believe it has a '97/'98 chassis but with the original chassis number stamped into it. Can anyone recommend a Part # for the UJs I require, as I believe a '89 chassis is a bit different to a '97/'98 one (hence don't want to order the wrong ones from Paddock Spares).

TIA

Reply to
Escape-K

"Escape-K" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net:

Order both on condition you can return the one that doesn't fit. This is not an unknown problem to those living in the remoter corners of the UK and most suppliers will be sympathetic so long as they are not left out of pocket!

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

and get ones with greasers........

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Just as a matter of interest , many auto parts stockists will supply a U.J. to a specific size , given the dia. of the caps , and the distance over two opposite caps . If you haven't got a mic/vernier , take the old U.J. along and they'll probably measure it for you H.T.H

Reply to
bulldurham73

For Series, Defender (pre 1A608154), RRC and Disco I, all that is needed is the "depth" of the cup - they are either "long" or "short" (the late RRC/Heavy Duty TVC100010 are a variation of short cup).

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Thanks for all the advice,