can't get out of park

can anybody help me? as of yesterday i can't get my '97 discovery out of park...thanks for any help!

Reply to
vicki j via CarKB.com

Are your brake lights working?

Reply to
SimonJ

no they aren't

Reply to
vicki j via CarKB.com

no they aren't and i saw on another site that it could be the transmission lock switch on the brake pedal... where is that and is it something i can change or do i have to go to a repair shop? it also said it could be the multifunction switch...where's that?

Reply to
vicki j via CarKB.com

In that case, check the brake light fuse first, if that is OK, check the switch on the brake pedal..

Reply to
SimonJ

where is that switch? i can't find it

Reply to
vicki j via CarKB.com

Either on the brake pedal itself, or a pressure switch in the hydraulic lines.

Reply to
SimonJ

i've been told i have to order one from the dealer...i am no mechanic by any means but is this something i can change myself?

Reply to
vicki j via CarKB.com

It should be simple enough

Reply to
SimonJ

If you look up under the dash at the brake pedal mounting bracket, you should find the switch, it's up there somewhere! Badger.

Reply to
Badger