Unofficial : Norfolk

In message , Lee_D writes

Any chance of telling us which lane the tree was blocking (map ref or lane number and position)? We've got a Norfolk 4x4 Forum meeting with Norfolk County Council coming up and we 'push' blocked lanes very hard ... whether it was deliberate or not we can keep an eye on the track to make sure it doesn't recur.

I assume it was Dersingham site that you played on? It can be a real panel killer, glad to know people enjoyed it!

Reply to
AJG

AJG uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I think if you email Si he will be able to fill in the blanks.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Screen grab of my memory map track showing the lane/first ford that was blocked by a tree. The actual blocked lane is the one almost in the centre of the pic, to the left of the purple footprint symbol (footpath) and is the jumble of lines where we were parked a while ubder trees and I guess GPS got confused a bit. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Paul - What gps do you use, and can you mail me the route we took please?

Marksolesbury at "the search engine that seems to do everything"mail.com

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

The AA Man got Bill going with................................................

A large length of hose and some jubilee clips......

just remind remind me what we tried doing????!!!!!

Good job we didn't go back to mine for that oil cooler, the unions are different!!

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

West Acre, the lane that has a single ford. Has been reported to Norfolk CC on numerous occasions due to delliberately placed logs etc.....

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Bill being a techie has a binary accelerator pedal.....

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

own steam

He has decided not to usenet for a while due to some reasons which escaped me to do with a different group.

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Ecceedingly silly. There's no legal requirement for anything of the sort. Who made the rule up?

Reply to
Tim Jones

I use a Mitac Mio 168, also branded as a Navman Pin and loads of others.

Having trouble with main computer at the moment, so will send a copy of the track later today, if I can get it all going together. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Tue, 28 Aug 2007 21:44:49 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com (Tim Jones) enlightened us thusly:

GNAS, the governing body. They're much bothered about child protection, probably following government guidelines, and doing the full arse-covering exercise.

The child protection thing is, as usual, blown up out of all proportion. I approve of some of it, for example not having children alone with only 1 adult, which is as much for the adult's protection as for the children. But some of it's bloody silly.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

YHM

The route goes onto two maps, so I've sent them too. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Yebut one mans logs is anothers firewood, though...

Reply to
.mother

There are no governement guidelines on photographing minoirs taking part in bona fide events. Obviously this doesn't stop some sporting NGBs from making up such absurd rules ;(

We have noticed that GNAS can gold plate things rather better than any other NGBs we encounter ;(

Reply to
Tim Jones

.mother uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Well indeed - it's bought me back down to earth. I had a vision of miss prim and proper curling one down.

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:45:03 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com (Tim Jones) enlightened us thusly:

like I say, arse-covering, carried to extremes.

yeah. However, they're not alone in this trait by any means. I suspect that any NGB or other NGO with children involved that fails to make such rules will be pilloried in the gutter press for failing to care for the children, so they tend to go OTT, then they can point to this and act all self-righteous and say "well WE have exceeded the government guidelines in these IMPORTANT ways".

's all a load of crap, TBH - the only things I do agree with are the guidelines on one-on-one coaching and the like (don't...) and on number of adults, and I agree with that 'cos it offers me some chance of protection of someone comes up with a fatuous claim about me, or at least another witness to call, and furthermore, if I comply with the NGB guidelines, I can maybe call their people in to defend me - it's a sure bet that if I DON'T comply, then they'll happily let me hang.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles wibbled :

The bigger the arse, the more the cover?

Reply to
GbH