V8 fuel consumption

Hi All What is the difference in fuel consumption for the Disco 3.9 auto and the manual. Cappy

Reply to
Caploc

bad to terrible - but I love em!

Personally I'd always have an auto - lovely drive and no clutches to fail

Lee

Reply to
LEE ARGYLE

Except the main "A" clutch and the "C" clutch and sometimes the "C1" clutch.

My 110 in "cruise mode" (keeping up with main A-road traffic) would normally return 16-17mpg with a 5 speed manual box, 14-15 with the ZF4 auto fitted. All on petrol. Then I fitted a 4.0 (3.9) and now I get 11-14mpg, running on LPG. Off-road? Don't ask!!!! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Just bought a V8 with an auto box - sod the fuel consumption -it heaven to drive!!! mind you it's fitted with LPG so at 34p a litre :-)

Reply to
StaffBull

On or around Thu, 6 Jan 2005 18:42:55 +0000 (UTC), "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

mind, "A" clutch failing still leaves you reverse.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yup , the kit I have on Percy transformed him.... I can hear stuff now!

Must swap that engine.....

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D