V8 Oil Pressure

On or around Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:46:47 GMT, "aghasee" enlightened us thusly:

it is, I said pressure's pressure. and that't true whether it's water pressure in yer kitchen tap or air pressure in yer tyres.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Mentally preparing myself!

Will the strainer clean, or should I replace it? How is it attached to the oil pump pick up pipe? Will I loose the prime in the oil pump?

Thanks

David

Reply to
rads

Clean using petrol or solvent, rinse in paraffin or blow dry with airline.

Strainer gauze is clipped into pickup, 3 detents at 120 degree intervals, complete ass'y bolted to block with 2 7/16AF bolts.

Only if you unscrew the oil filter or any oil cooler pipes.

You're welcome. Badger.

Reply to
Badger