VOT : British Comedy Awards (ish)

Right......rant time... the PO having nearly cost me a load of dosh. Again. [1]

I've just been the PO with todays small parcels. As the new "volumetic" charging system is comming in just in time to cause total chaos for the Christmas post we've been trying out plans to pack things, safely (i.e. to withstand being thrown 30ft), as small as possible.

Very Pleasant Bloke In Small Rural PO: "Er, I can't get the label on the front of this jiffy bag."

Me: "We're practicing for the new volumetic charging - not my problem". Very Pleasant Bloke In Small Rural PO: "Ah right, that's going to cause total chaos.". Me : "How's it goimg to work then".

Very Pleasant Bloke In Small Rural PO: "They've sent us some templates. We have to put the parcel through them. Everyone's going to be cramming them through saying Look I told you it would fit." Me: "You are joking?"

Very Pleasant Bloke In Small Rural PO: "No, really. They should get the clown who came up with the idea to work here for 6 weeks over Christmas". Last posting day for Christmas : August 1st. Sandwiches and tents required for the queues!

Mind you, you might as well chuck your parcels in the bin and save Royal Mail the bother.......

Richard

[1] three parcels went AWOL just for a change. Complaint made. Parcels miraculously turn up. Now, call me MR. Suspicious, but....
Reply to
beamendsltd

No joke - we've had five or six of these cardboard templates sent through now.

When asked about secure data destruction for hard drives I generally recommend sending it to yourself via Parcel Force, then resend it to yourself via CityLink - total destruction and disposal - I wonder if they're getting a Euro subsidy for the WEEEEEEEE directive?

Reply to
Mother

that is too funny - I wish there were no more than a grain of truth there.

Reply to
William Tasso