Wanted LWB Defender

For around 5-6K. No glass sides. Pref with roof rack.

Am I likely to find one? Where do I look?

Have never seen one advertised anywhere.

Trevor

Yorkshire

Reply to
Trevor Appleton

Hello Trevor. Have you checked through Auto traders web site or through yahoo.co.uk cars section. This will allow you to view from your postcode. I cannot judge the condition of the pictures but they seem okay only you can judge from a visit. regards john

landy90 1984 diesel

Trevor Applet> For around 5-6K. No glass sides. Pref with roof rack.

Reply to
John Oakes

Thanks for that will give it a go, though I'm not very mechanically minded for getting one privately.

Found one with a deal 58K miles one owner 10K. How's that sound?

Is there any website giving price guides ?

Trevor

Reply to
Trevor Appleton

Hello Trevor. Most of the regular people on this site could give better advise on suitable price offer. As advise of condition basic checks.

  1. AGE OF VEHICLE
  2. DETAILS CORRESPOND WITH PAPERWORK
  3. LOOK AT THE VEHICLE
  4. LOOK UNDERNEATH FOR CONDITION
  5. LOOK INSIDE ENGINE BAY
  6. LOOK INSIDE VEHICLE
  7. START THE ENGINE AND LISTEN
  8. SELECT GEARS AND TRANSFER BOX THEN LISTEN
  9. ASK FOR TEST DRIVE YOU AND SELLER
  10. LISTEN AND FEEL AND SMELL FOR SIGNS OF WEAR If any of these fail your requirements do not offer but thank him for their time. Remember it is your m> Thanks for that will give it a go, though I'm not very mechanically minded
Reply to
John Oakes