Way OT - Blu Tack

Sorry to post this here but wonder if anyone knows how to get Blu-Tack out of carpet, the kids bedroom carpet looks like it has polka dots!! I am hoping it is one of those quirky little tips and tricks that someone may know and LR owners have a reputation for being resourceful :-)

Andy

.
Reply to
Andy

A true landie owner would use an angle grinder.

Reply to
Mother

Andy came up with the following;:

I'm a school caretaker and we freeze it using a can called 'chewing gum remover' .... then it's a question of digging it out with a small penknife, and losing some of the carpet pile in the process. It's a right bugger to shift ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Set fire to it and it goes hard and crumbles. You then just vacuum up the... oh.

Actually, petrol does something to it. I've used Blu-Tack once or twice as an emergency cure for leaking petrol - the petrol makes it go slimy then sticky and finally it sets semi-hard and loses all its stickiness. It can be removed by hand afterwards.

Got a spare bit of carpet? Put some Blu-Tack into it and see what happens when it is given some petrol. Keep a fire extinguisher on hand though.

Reply to
PDannyD

Hi Andy I am a carpet cleaner and like already posted a can of freezer spray will do it , but test it on an unseen area first, if not freezer spray, then an ice cube will do, it just takes longer. Just take your time bit by bit and it will come out without any damage to the carpet. I do have a few chemicals that will do it as well, where abouts are you. GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Bradford West Yorks, if you're in range of us you are welcome to the business!

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Hi Andy, your a little out of my area, I'm in Norfolk. The stuff I use is from a company call Craftex 01823 332696 and the product is called Orange Gel CR66 It will work on chewing gum, blue tack, tar, oil and grease etc I think the smallest size they do is about 1Ltr for about £10 and that will be enough to last about 50 years unless you happen to be a carpet cleaner by trade. Hope this helps GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Hey Nige - nip 'round with the angle grinder - an 'elp the poor bloke out eh?

Reply to
Mother