Way way OT - AISI 4130

Does anyone know of any sources of AISI 4130 tube in the Leeds/Huddersfield areas? Or elsewhere?

A friend of a friend's school project will require some 22-25 mm OD,

0.8 - 1.0 wall tube. Actual dimensions not yet determined.

Reports with specific knowledge only, please - they can chase around the usual steel stockists as well as we can!

Thanks.

Reply to
Dougal

On or around Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:49:23 +0000, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

wot's AISI 4130?

try bicycle tube makers, such as Reynolds - without knowing what the tube is, can't say if that's a go-er.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Is that stainless tube?

Reply to
Nige

It's a 0.3 percent carbon, low alloy steel. Very weldable. Hardenable.

That was somthing that had occurred to us. It will be investigated.

I didn't bother to enquire too closely about was planned but a lightweight welded spaceframe is a possibility.

No.

Reply to
Dougal

Try ADG Engineering Huddersfield

He's in the book, he may have some scrap on his shelves, if not he will know instantly were you could get some from. He works with it from time to time.

Or give this guy a ring he has no minimum order. And has a good range of stock. And anything not on the shelf he can usually get his hands on. Although he say's non ferrous, he can usually get it.

Just send him an email enquiry.

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel