Does anyone know if LR body parts take longer than usual to get

My LR Disco was in an accident and the body shop has had it for four weeks and still hasn't started work because they are waiting for 100% of the parts to come in from LR. He doesn't want to start job until he has 100% parts. Doesn't four weeks seem like a long time to have a car and not even start working on it. He demanded the first installment check from insurance company though.

Reply to
LEK383

On or around Fri, 02 Feb 2007 00:11:54 GMT, "LEK383" enlightened us thusly:

heh. how old is the motor, and where in the world are you located?

in the UK, you can use second-hand panels for insurance work on older motors. cuts the cost enormously. once I even bought a scrap non-running car to get the panels off the front and use 'em on mine which had been damaged.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Not unusual at all, unfortunately. We're on 7 months so far for a 110 part!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd