Way way OT

SWMBO has changed the battery on the key fob of her Mondeo and the key needs to be reset to the car.

Anybody on here able to help me out with the proper sequence to do this as she'll want to use the Disco if I can't get it sorted quickly.

Last resort will be the local Fraud dealer tomorrow.

TIA.

Reply to
Bob Sinclair

Send SWMBO to the Fraud dealer on the bus! Doubt if she will do it again!!

Reply to
Ian

or try uk rec cars maintenance

Reply to
Angus McCoatup

I did a quick Google and saw a Mondeo forum:

There were quite a few hits for "resetting mondeo key fob", saw a few .ru ones, didn;t have a look in there, always seem to have dodgy text in the Google text field.

Reply to
wayne

What year/model etc

IR or Radio fob?

Reply to
SimonJ
1996 N plate 2.0 litre petrol hatchback. IR fob.

Bob.

Reply to
Bob Sinclair

Obtain all remote keys Turn switch to position 1 Wait 10 seconds till LED on clock lights (LED will go out after 5 secs if key left on) Switch off ignition while LED is lit, programming mode is now activated for

20 seconds (LED remains lit) Point key at receiver (in front door handle) Press and hold unlock button, after 1 sec, LED in the key will flash once.(keep button pressed) Press lock button 3 times Release unlock button Keep key pointed at receiver, until the LED's in the clock, and on the key have both flashed 5 times.

repeat within 20 seconds for any other keys.

Switch ignition on then off to exit program mode, wait 20 seconds.

Reply to
SimonJ

Thanks Simon. All now sorted. Top man.

Bob