What's the name of ...

those metal things that you roll out and stick under your tyres if you are stuck in the mud. After a set so any ideas of what they are called or where I could get some would be most appreciated.

Many thanks

Graham Naismith

Reply to
Graham Naismith

The PLASTIC ones are called waffle boards the ones for sand are called sand ladders don't know what to call the mud one's.

Reply to
sluff

Are these what I've seen named "Muddy Buddies"?

Beyond that, the generic name for the metal ones is "Pierced Steel Planking"

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Graham Naismith tried to scribble ...

I'd guess they're the same, or very similar, as sand ladders, but maybe called mud ladders ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Cheers for your help - got a set and now know them to be called

Waffle Boards Muddy Buddies Sand Ladders Bridging Ladders Pressed Steel Planks Anti Bog Mats

and a few others things

Reply to
Graham Naismith

IIRC, Waffle boards are to spread the load but not to support the weight of the vehicle, whereas bridging ladders, as the name suggests, can take the weight of part of the vehicle (ie, 1 wheel) over a gap. Thought it's worth mentioning before you snap a waffle board.

David

Reply to
David French

Waffle boards CAN be used as bridging ladders, they are capable of taking the weight of a vehicle. Metal "sand ladders" don't make good bridges as they bend and stay bent. Waffle boards are fibreglass, they will flex but they return to their original shape afterwards. See

for pics... cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

And it's possible to have them custom made - in different colours. I'm actually (having said that) trying to find someone who can make me two Purple 200x50cm boards... I can provide a colour mix number :-)

The general rule is to take them to a supermarket car park and drive over them a few times. I have to say, I got some alloy sand ladders a couple of years ago from Scorpion and they did take Grumbles weight without bending. This was only bridging a couple of ruts, though.

Those who were at Billing last year may have seen Lee Argyles 90 on a board by Andy Thomlinsons 101 ambi on the Ruftraks Stand by the Arena. I did suggest a better draw for the crowds would be to have Grumble up there, but I think it scared the risk assessors ;-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother