What steering box?

The steering box on my S3 is on the way out so I'm looking for a replacement, there seem to be a few suppliers offering "OEM" or "Non original" and I wondered if anyone has any experience of these and could recommend a particular supplier?. Considering the cost, and work involved in swapping it, I don't want something of Britpart 'quality' that will fall apart in a few months!, but the =A3300 notes for a genuine one is a bit over budget.

Or is it worth reconditioning?, the box is very lumpy when the steering is centered as if the balls are no longer round. Greg

Reply to
Greg

On or around Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:59:54 -0700 (PDT), Greg enlightened us thusly:

I got a recon box for the LDV convoy from a bunch called Kelly Bray Racks, down in Cornwall. half the price LDV quoted. Might be worth a look - they have an ebay presence, if you can't find 'em otherwise.

Reply to
Austin Shackles