who is going to driffield and have some spares...

hi all, i am in need of an turbo for a 2.5 turbo engine (not the 200 or 300 or td5) looking for one with no play on the axle. and some sides for 109"hard top, pref. with windows. hope you can supply me with some cheap parts,can make a trade with items from holland cheers, The dutch nutter. snipped-for-privacy@wanadoo.nl

Reply to
the dutch nutter

A turbocharger is *supposed* to have some radial play in the bearings - the shaft spins in a film of oil, and the play is taken up by the oil when the engine is running. The critical play is end float, of which there should be very little.

Reply to
EMB

sides for an 88" are the same!

Reply to
Tom Woods

And make sure you get the right one, on earlier ones the oil feed pipe goes straight in, that later ones have a banjo (they are inter changeable, but you need the right pipe).

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

190 Station Wagon, yes, hard top, no.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

You got any pics of the 190 Richard? ;-)

Reply to
EMB

doh! ;)

think of the turning circle on a 190"...

Reply to
Tom Woods

I guess it's a bit of a long story.....

Reply to
EMB

Only one end at a time........

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

the turbo unit od mine is the one with the banjo. and the old one, made my airfilter piss oil, and streets full of smoke, thick smoke, and piss oil out the exaust. hope i find one at driffield, of making a 2.5 n/a out of it. and still hoping for hard-top sides. cheers, Arjan (the dutch nutter)

Reply to
the dutch nutter

You are sure it's the turbo?

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds

if i can move the axle 2mm up and 2 mm down, giving 4mm of play, i think it is a bit to much, second opinion was given by a garage holder, and thought the same. the state of the engine was bad when i bought it, with composite gasget remains on top of a 2.25 petrol copper head gasget.

4 complete cracked pistons... hold by the rings. bend push rods, sliders broken,crankshaft was wasted by the pully end. and the turbo felt with minimal play at the axle. i hope i can find something before mot, else its N/A time for me. cheers, Arjan Wilbie (if poeple is a bit scared to trade with a dutch man, just keep in mind that my fiance is british and me is moving over.)
Reply to
the dutch nutter

And noone has actually said who IS going to Driffield.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

I work with half a dozen dutchies every day so one more makes no odds. Just a pity I'm a wee bit far away to be of much help.

Reply to
EMB
190 Station wagon, guess that must come with a tachograph, not sure what the seating capacity would be though.
Reply to
Simon Cochran