Windows controller

Hi there

Does anyone know the location of the electric windows ECU on a 95 Disco

300Tdi? I need to check the output voltage for the rear windows as they seem to have died suddenly.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Reavill

Hi.

I don't actually know the answer to your question, but at the risk of asking the obvious, the front override switch isn't on, is it?

Reply to
Graeme Willox

Hi

No no.............first thing I checked, they don't work from the front our the back. All the fusses are OK as well which is why I suspect the ECU (It had to be something expensive didn't it!!)

Keith :-((

Reply to
Keith Reavill

From what I can remember its behind the glove box. When (if!) you get it out check the tracks on the circuit board, you may find one broken and are able to re-solder it. Richard

Reply to
Richard

Have a look at:

Richard

Reply to
Richard

As a diversion on this topic, I though again about whether I really want to replace my drivers door with one from a ninety, as at the moment, I can flick the window open in a second, but with a wind down window even an electric one this will not be possible.

Reply to
Larry

Hi

Thanks for all the advice, If I get them going I willlet you know.

Keith

On or around Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:27:02 GMT, "Keith Reavill" enlightened us thusly:

known problem on these...

have a look here:

for detailed instructions on what's (probably) wrong with it and how to fix it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hi,

I've a spare around somewhere if yours is not working.

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Hiya

Thanks Neil, just got it working thanks to the chaps in the group. I thought I would have to start spending again but obviously some people know their way around Disco's. Once again, thanks everybody.

K :-)))

Reply to
Keith

Hi Neil,

Having similar problem, but alas the pcb tracks have started lifting.

If your spare is still available, I'd be interested.

Blue skies, Pat

Reply to
Pat