wiper oddness

having found that the casing was broken I spent today changing the wiper motor on the recently-acquired LDV for the one from the spare transit. some bodgery later and I have wipers that work without stopping at the extreme right end.

however, the intermittent mode doesn't work. Self-park works fine. now, I always though the intermittent mode worked by supplying power for long enough to get the motor past the self-park cam and then switching the power off, but clearly this isn't the case. It's not a problem with mismatched motor and wiring, either: it wasn't doing intermittent on the transit before I removed it.

Looking at the wiring diagrams, they seem to be functionally the same on the

2 vehicles.

in the meantime I ordered new motor and new linkage - the latter I reckon I don't need now I've had the existing one out and looked at it, while there is a bit of wear in it, it's not enough to justify 150-odd quid plus vat. In fact, the whole linkage thing is to all appearances not worth more than about 20 quid tops.

The motor's over a hundred including vat, buggrem. I suppose I'd better have that, if only to ensure that the one I've just put on starts working properly and lasts for another 3 years.

Reply to
Austin Shackles