wipers not returning

chaps the wipers on my 1996 90 defender wont return after use, it takes a bit of fiddling to get them home any ideas , I haven't a clue where to start

Reply to
mogg

There is a common problem with the parking switch on the 110 model, it can fail in which case the wipers stop at the point they are switched off or, worse, it can short and they keep on wiping.

Part number used to be 520160A.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

Sound like the park switch (Diode) has failed - 520160 £11.98 here. Its mounted in the side of the wiper motor body and is cunning disguised to look like an ordinary connecor. It's a bit of a faff to get at, but easily changed.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

thanks chaps I will try both