Wipers wipe, alpine seals leak

Rainy day jobs:

Fixed the front wiper motor self-park function. Easy job to open up the unit, clean everything and pre-load the contacts then box up with

8ba-ish nuts and screws after a bit of modification. Didn't have to use the new assembly. Didn't even get very wet :-))

Thought I'd have a look and see if the rain was getting in to the load-space 'cos the mat is wet. Yup, drip-drip-drip, shouldn't have looked. Looks like the alpine window seals are letting in a bit - great

- a chance to learn how to replace the rubbers then :-)) The pukka rubbers are available at a price, but I'm hoping that generic seal from somewhere like

do the trick.

So, if anybody has trodden this path before:

1) Do you use generic or pukka seal? 2) Any tips on doing the job?

Cheers Graham

Reply to
Graham Bowers

On or around Sun, 04 Mar 2007 17:08:51 +0000, Graham Bowers enlightened us thusly:

If they're cracked in the corners, you can put silicone sealer in 'em.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Don't remember seeing any cracks up there but I'll have another look....but: Regrettably I seem to be drawn to dive in as deep as it gets with these jobs and bypass the obvious fixes for the full monty repairs. Cheers Graham

Reply to
Graham Bowers

On or around Sun, 04 Mar 2007 19:56:00 +0000, Graham Bowers enlightened us thusly:

that's not really a fault. simple cheap fixes for the most part don't last.

Reply to
Austin Shackles