Yay!!

Found out what was causing the D3 not to start. The autobox lever position sensor was telling the box was in D & not P.

New sensor to be fit next week.

All LR's gizmos couldn't tell them that.

Reply to
Nige

So how did you spot that one? Gizmos of your own or a blinding flash of inspiration?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I noticed as it should have idicted P & it indicted D even though it was in P!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

It's those pesky Landy gremlins taking the P again. :-) Thank got for the extra display though or that would probably not been found till you tried starting in N.

Nice to get it some solution.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Heheheh, ---HOW---- long did that take to find?

Reply to
Paul - xxx

5 weeks!
Reply to
Nige

Hehe, I wondered if it was that simple, annoying that the land rover bods missed it!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Aye, bunch of rimmers.

Reply to
Nige

Electronic display on the dash

Reply to
Nige

In what sense? I thought they sold exhausts and things :-).

Can't you adjust the display like the old ones?, or is it an electronic display?

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Posh bast, I'll stick wiv me old one. :-)

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Like most garages the staff are young and inexperienced. When the gear box failed on my DII (stuck in 5th, but gear lever could still go to any position just didn't do anything) I left the transfer box in neutral to stop drive from a running engine getting to the wheels (interesting tinkling noises coming from gear box). Not long after I'd left it at the dealers I got a phone call telling me the clutch had failed...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , Nige writes

You mean for all the electronics and gadgetry the computer didn't spot one of the basic characteristics on an auto box - it won't start in Drive. Not nohow. Not ever. Unless of course it is a DAF which only has (or had) F and R until Volvo started messing about with it and tried to put in a neutral.

Reply to
hugh

In message , Oily writes

Standard these days - even my wife's Polo has one and my 1999 VW campervan had same.

Reply to
hugh