15k service on 2001 LS430

Just had my 15,000 service on my LS430.

Paid $170 for the service and in addition I changed the engine air cleaner for $30 and the cabin air filter for $76.

They also charged me (w/o asking) for new wiper inserts at $8 each and $2.50 for windshield fluid, although I just filled it myself the other day!

Seems very high and very aggressive.

Reply to
Eliyahu Ross

I think that the solution is to specify exactly what you want done to the car, and get a price quote for those services. Don't tell them that you want the 15,000 mile service.

Does an LS430 use standard wiper blades or are they custom? Can you use Anco blades (it's easier to replace the entire blade than deal with inserting just the rubber refill) from Walmart?

Reply to
bchargnon

No kidding. The price they get for wiper refills is utterly outrageous.

Reply to
GRL

$8 for a wiper blade is "outrageous"? They're about this much at Schucks and my experience is that the OEM blades are higher quality. If the $8 included labor to change them, then it was a outrageous bargain.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen