Poor Warrenty Service on Ranger 2000

I have put this complaint on many times. I want everyone who has bought a Ford product to know the poor support you will get when you have a service problem. Ford sales are lagging behind the Japanese cars for this reason and I will continue this message again and again. I am pissed off with Ford Motor with the warranty service I received on my Ford Ranger 2000. A fuel pump had to be replaced at 21,655 miles. The warranty was less then 19 days out of date. When under warranty I complained to the dealer about the lousy millage, 13 miles per gallon and the lack of power going up hill. The dealer talked to Ford Motor but Ford would not stand behind the repair with warranty. Three different times, I connected Ford Customer service; no response. I can't believe the outrageous price for the replacement--$785.00! Ford talks about how important customer satisfaction is for their growth. Does this action on the part of Ford sounds like customer satisfaction! My son has Neissan Truck which was 3000 miles and 59 days of the warranty period and Neissan covered a transmission replacement for a cost of $2800. Which company would you judge gives offers customer satisfaction.

Reply to
R E Burns

I've had very good luck with Ford, both in warranty and out. Maybe your Ford dealer just wanted to get rid of a bad customer. Why don't you just buy Nissons from now on and take your lousy attitude out of this group. Now go away.

transmission

Reply to
Richard and Gwen

I think much depends on the dealer. The Ford dealer in my town is legendary for crappy service. It's so bad that a local non-profit turned down a donated Econoline van, since the dealer couldn't keep any of their other vans running. A simple repair on my van - the rear door handle - took 5 days, and they killed the battery doing it. Their attitude is simply 'we couldn't care less' and it's exemplified in the service department v. the sales department. The service department has hard plastic chairs, is never heated or airconditioned comfortably, does not make appointments, etc.

When you get a car back from them, you may as well take it straight to the detail shop, since there are grease stains all over everything. The Dodge dealer, OTOH, took my Dodge Caravan, 6 months out of warranty, and did nearly $1,000 of repairs - and covered it under a 'good-will' warranty. They detailed the van and washed it to boot. And I didn't even buy the van from them.

Now I'm not going to say that a Dodge is better than Ford, or vice-versa, but each dealer puts whatever emphasis they want on service. At least in my town, Dodge wins hands down in the service department.

Perhaps in other places, it's the other way around.

--Kamus

Reply to
Kamus of Kadizhar

On Mon, 03 May 2004 20:26:00 -0400, Kamus of Kadizhar rearranged some electrons to form:

I think it varies by dealer. The local dealer here has always been pretty good (on the two occasions that I have had to take it in in the last 6 years).

Is your crappy dealer "Blue Oval" certified? That is some type of customer service program by Ford. I don't know what the criteria is to be certified, but if the dealer you describe is a "Blue Oval" and are that bad, it makes me wonder.

Reply to
David M

Bro, kind of like a "5-Star" Chrysler dealership. While there may be some criteria a dealership needs to be awarded the status, IMHO it more of a marketing scheme. My closest Ford "Blue Oval" dealership couldn't diagnose a cold if you came in sneezing with a runny nose. One of my neighbors works in the service department there and she says it's the worst service dept she's ever seen.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

On Wed, 05 May 2004 22:03:30 -0400, Matt Macchiarolo rearranged some electrons to form:

I have had zero problems with Green Ford in Greensboro. Of course I only have 2 data points, though.

Perhaps the OP should trade the Ranger in for a real truck...

Reply to
David M

Dunno. Both the Dodge place (Hannah) and Vancouver Ford have great service areas. I realized how good the Dodge place was when I asked for information on changing a windshield wiper motor for the (deceased) 91 Grand Caravan, and a mechanic actually took me on the floor and showed me how to do it on a similar van that was in for the same thing. With that knowledge, I was able to change the thing myself, and do it for 1/4 what they would have charged.

So far, Vancouver Ford (that's Vancouver, WA) has been excellent. I took my truck in because it was pinging due to poor gas, and 30 mins later, I had her back. Had to take her back in for a front steering gear replacement (?) and it was free, they gave me a ride home, and delivered it when it was done. No problems since.

Gas Mileage? I have the 2.3L Duratech, and the last tank gave me 34 MPG. Completely devastated a buddy of mine, who bought a base Toyota of the same year with a smaller 4 engine, and only get's 22-25 MPG. He cried when we hooked up bumper to bumper, and I pulled him around the parking lot.

I'll say this once. FUCK FOREIGN TRUCKS.

Plasyd

Reply to
Plasyd