2001 ES300 questions...

I'm interested in purchasing a 2001 ES300 and I noticed that the one I want to purchase has the CD changer in the glove compartment, but I've read in most reviews that the CD changer's in the dashboard. I also noticed that it has has less weather trim. Am I missing something or is this a 'cheaper' version? My last question... I currently have a '98 ES300 and I'd like to 'upgrade' it to this 2001 version for about $3K-$5K more.. Before I decided on this I was thinking of repainting my car, fixing the stereo, plus a few more other things. From the 'Features' standpoint, assuming that both are in excellent condition, is it worth trading and older one for the newer one? Or should I just keep this one and fix it? I'm not really interested in the 2002 model.

Thanks.

Reply to
VMI

The in-dash CD was not available in '01; the '02 with the new body style was the first year with the in-dash. What does less "weather trim" mean?

To answer your last question, pop the hood on your '98. If it says VVTi on the engine cover, it's got the same engine as the '01. The extra 10 hp is really the only notable difference between the two.

Reply to
greg