2002 ES300 Cassette deck problem

Hi all,

I don't normally use or listen to cassette tapes, but I just recently tried putting one into my 2002 ES300 and it went in and sat there. The radio/head unit did not switch to 'tape' mode and the parts required to come up into the tape (to drive it and make it work) did not come up.

I fished the tape out and forgot about it, this was a few months ago. Well I just did it again with a different tape (I forgot about the first time), I had Lexus fish the tape out this time. He told me that the car was designed to use thinner tapes or something. That sounds like a line to me.

I noticed after the first time that even with nothing in it, if I push 'tape' nothing happens.

I was curious if others could tell me, when they hit 'tape' does something happen, if they put one in, does it play? Has anyone else heard of this 'thinner' cassette tape format?

And following that, how do the head units work, are there fuses/etc specific to just the tape portion? Any suggestions?

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Chris

In my 2000 LS, if you hit the tape button when no tape is present, the display says "no tape."

The head units do not have a separate fuse.

You can contact United Audio in NY, they are the factory authorized repair facility and do excellent work.

Reply to
Ray O