2004 ES300 "clunking" noise when turning the steering wheel

My ES300 has been in the shop for 3 weeks due to a "clunking noise" when reversing the direction of the steering wheel. The dealer service people say a yoke in the steering column needs to be replaced but that Lexus does not have any in stock. I asked if it was a common problem and he said it wasn't common but had been a repeating situation enough to exhaust the supply of replacement parts. We have a loaner Lexus so it really isn't bothering me that it is taking so long but it seems kinda strange.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this situation or something similiar with Lexus.

Reply to
RG