2004 GS300 also have Transmission problems

I read about transmission problems on the Lexus. I now have an ES300 2000 and was thinking of getting possibly a Lexus GS300. Doe it also, the

2004 GS300 have Transmission problems ?

If yes, then I will go to the new Acura RL 2006.

Reply to
Karl

Test drive the GS300 then let us know...

2004 GS300 have Transmission problems ?

If yes, then I will go to the new Acura RL 2006.

Reply to
Steve Larson

I read about transmission problems on the Lexus. I now have an ES300 2000 and was thinking of getting possibly a Lexus GS300. Doe it also, the 2004 GS300 have Transmission problems ?

If yes, then I will go to the new Acura RL 2006.

Yes, All new Lexus Sedans with the electronic throttle system have the problem.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

A TEST drive tells me NOTHING aboout transmission troubles down the line, does it?

Reply to
Karl

I read about transmission problems on the Lexus. I now have an ES300 2000 and was thinking of getting possibly a Lexus GS300. Doe it also, the 2004 GS300 have Transmission problems ?

If yes, then I will go to the new Acura RL 2006.

Yes, All new Lexus Sedans with the electronic throttle system have the problem.

Reply to
Karl

The hesitation issues discussed in this forum are generally not a wear/tear or developing issue - the car exhibits the poor behaviour from day one. I'm not aware of any durability issues in the Lexus transmissions above and beyond normal attrition. OTOH, there have been recent major issues with Honda transmissions.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

What is the electronic throttle system, please?

The fly by wire throttle. Where there is no physical connection between the gas pedal and the engine throttle, but a logical one, controlled by software.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

What is the electronic throttle system, please?

The fly by wire throttle. Where there is no physical connection between the gas pedal and the engine throttle, but a logical one, controlled by software.

Reply to
Karl

Thanks for the info. What model year did that start with?

2003 I believe... but could be earlier... 2003 for the ES I think...
Reply to
Dan J.S.

Agreed, lots of trouble with Honda/Acura trannies. I know of no long term problems with transmissions on any Toyota/Lexus vehicle. Mark is correct, the problem exhibits itself from day one. A lengthy test drive would reveal the problem.

Reply to
Steve Larson

It started with the 2002 ES300 5-speed auto.