2004 SC 430 Engine immobilizer reset

Hello all,

I have an 04 SC 430. It has been parked for a few months and the battery died. I was told by my mechanic (not the dealer) that there is an engine immobilizer that needs to be reset. Does anyone know if this is correct? And if so is there anyway I can do this myself?

Thanks

Reply to
orison

I had this same problem on my car. What you need to do is connect the jumper cables. While power is supplied to the car via cables, Unlock the car w/ your remote. Now it should start right up. Please post your results so I that I know it worked for you. Thanks!!

Reply to
handogg

I did that. I also put the key in the door and turned the lock thinking maybe I could disable the immobilizer that way. I also tried a new battery. Nothing. The dashboard comes on fine, but when I crank I get nothing. I really need to move my car. I had it parked in an underground garage that was supposed to be "secure" and two of my rims were stolen. I have no choice but to tow it to the dealer and pay an outrageous sum to fix the problem.

Thanks for the response. Today is the first business day after the holiday and I can't let New Years catch my car in that garage. I will post what the dealer tells me.

Reply to
orison

Don't open the car with the metal part of the key. Open it with the remote unlock button on the key while the jumper cables are hooked up.

Will start right up :)

oris> I did that. I also put the key in the door and turned the lock thinking

Reply to
handogg